Sept.1958 The Twelfth Street Christian Reformed Church consistory decides to
begin mission activities in Sparta.
October, 1958 The first worship service is held in Sparta in the Lekstrum Burnett
American Legion Hall.
January,1962 The parsonage is purchased along with the land on which the
church and parking lot where once located.
October,1962 Mr. Henry Hoekstra, a full-time missionary, arrives with his family
to serve the Sparta church and community.
July, 1965 Ground is broken for the house of worship. Dedication takes place
on February 2, 1966.
January, 1968 Twenty families are worshipping at Sparta, Trinity.
November 1971 Pastor Hoekstra leaves after accepting a call to serve at the
chapel in Allegan, Michigan.
November 1972 Rev. Bud Ver Meer becomes pastor of Sparta Trinity. (Rev. Ver
Meer had previously served Trinity as a seminarian in the 1960's).
June, 1974 The organizational worship service of Sparta Trinity Christian
Reformed Church is held; Rev. John W. Dykstra of Twelfth Street
July, 1974 Rev. Ver Meer accepts the challenge to serve the congregation at
Pioneer CRC in Cedar Springs.
November, 1974 Rev. Herman Teitsema is installed as the new pastor of Trinity.
January, 1979 Rev. Teitsma leaves to serve as Minister of Evangelism at
October, 1979 Installation of Rev. Terry Genzink as under-shepherd of the Trinity
congregation is held.
January, 1981 Through the marvelous grace of God, forty families worship the
Lord at Sparta Trinity CRC
March, 1986 Rev. Genzink leaves for Pipestone, Minnesota where he has
accepted the call to serve the First Pipestone CRC.
September, 1986 Rev. John Fisher is installed as the new pastor of Trinity CRC.
November, 1987 The congregation continues to be blessed with growth. Fifty
families now fellowship at Trinity.
December, 1989 Rev. Fisher leaves for Renville, Minnesota, where he has accepted
the call to serve the Emden CRC.
June, 1991 Seminary Intern C.J. den Dulk began serving as our pastor.
September, 1992 Rev. C.J. den Dulk was installed as pastor at Trinity after his
ordination to the ministry.
July, 1994 The property was purchased at 660 S. State Street.
April, 1996 Construction began on our present house of worship.
February, 1997 Dedication of the new church building took place. Trinity continues
to be blessed with 84 families (333 confessing and baptized
members) now worshiping with us.
October, 1998 Trinity celebrated 40 years from their first meeting. We are
thankful to have 96 families (378 confessing and baptized
December,1998 Seminarian Tyler Wagenmaker was hired part-time till June of
2000 when he took a call to the Beaverdam CRC.
July, 2000 Ground was broken on the new education wing and was
completed in July, 2001.
April, 2001 Dave Vander Meer was hired as an Assistant Pastor until he
accepted the call to serve Rusk CRC in October, 2003
October, 2001 We celebrated ten years of service to our congregation by Pastor
January, 2003 We praise God for the 113 families worshipping at Trinity and the
454 confessing and baptized members.
May, 2005 Mark Neymeiyer was hired as our youth pastor.
February, 2006 We praise God for the 119 families that worship at Trinity
October 26, 2008 Celebrating 50 years with 124 families and 497 professing and
baptized members. Over the span of 50 years, Trinity CRC has
celebrated approx. 245 baptisms and 237 professions of faith!
December, 2010 - April 2014 We were blessed to have Pastor Shaun and Amanda Furniss serve as our Associate Pastor until accepting a call to North Street CRC in Zeeland, MI.
Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow!